The titles of Bolinger’s books and their corresponding numbers from the bibliography are as follows:
- Intensive Spanish (73)
- Spanish Review Grammar (115)
- Interrogative Structures of American English (128)
- Modern Spanish (135 and 174)
- Generality, Gradience, and the All-or-None (140)
- Forms of English: Accent, Morpheme, Order (166)
- Aspects of Language (3 Editions: 182, 229, and 270)
- The Phrasal Verb in English (204)
- That’s That (209)
- Degree Words (212)
- Intonation: Selected Readings (213)
- Meaning and Form (243)
- Language: the Loaded Weapon (266) (It was republished by Routledge Linguistics Classics in September 2021 and contains a new new foreword by James Paul Gee. It is available from Routledge and Amazon. )
- Intonation and Its Parts: Melody in Spoken English (298)
- On Accent (306)
- Intonation and Its Uses: Melody in Grammar and Discourse (316)
- Essays on Spanish: Words and Grammar (323).
2 thoughts on “List of Books Published”
I wish to acquire a photocopy of That’s That, from the foregoing bibliography. Please tell me how I might proceed to do so.
Dear Mr. Smith,
I do not have a copy. I see that Worldcat (https://www.worldcat.org/) lists 317 libraries worldwide that have copies of That’s That. From their list you should be able to find a library reasonably close to you that has a copy. There are also copies available for purchase from Amazon and abebooks.com.